Planning to visit us here in Brisbane? Well, you’re in for a treat because Brisbane is hailed as the most entertaining and attractive city in Queensland for good reason.
Records do show that Brisbane received more interstate and international visitors in the past year compared to all other Queensland destinations, and that’s not the least bit surprising. After all, our vibrant city is a premier destination, in more ways than one;
- If you’re into adventures, the city’s Kangaroo Point Cliffs and Brisbane River offer plenty of outdoor fun to fill your days with.
- If you love to shop, you won’t run out of choices with more than 1000 different stores.
- Are you a culinary adventurer? Brisbane’s wide selection of is unparalleled, with choices ranging from laid-back bistros to upscale boutique cafes.
- If you love the indoors, we’ve got casinos and galleries to keep you entertained.
- If you have kids, they’ll love running around our countless parklands.
The best part is, if you want to enjoy all these, with just a bit of research you’ll be able to do so while saving money, thanks to cheap Brisbane City accommodation options!
As the manager of Bridgewater Terraces, one of Brisbane’s top sources of affordable holiday accommodation, I know more than a thing or two about this topic. In this article, I’ll share some insider secrets to finding cheap Brisbane City accommodation.
Tips on Finding Cheap Brisbane City Accommodation
- Know when to book your holiday. As an accommodation provider, I am very familiar with the fluctuations in room rates, and I’m sure you’ll be very surprised how much room rates can vary! In fact, even the slightest difference in your travel date can save you up to hundreds of dollars. In Brisbane, prices are highest in spring (September to November) and in winter (June to August), but lowest in the fall (April to May, which are, in my opinion, the best months for visiting Brisbane) and in the summer.
- Watch out for hidden charges. Many hotels advertise a lot of extra features, but in reality, they are actually charging you for it. Some examples are direct dial phones, WiFi connection, service charge, city tax, hotel tax, energy surcharge, and – the most famous of all hidden charges – the snacks and beverages at your room’s very own mini-bar. So when booking, ask for a breakdown of all the charges so you’ll know where every penny of your Brisbane City accommodation budget goes.
- Book a hotel chain. Different accommodation options in Brisbane can each give you a different point of view and feel of the city. But if you’re not very particular about this, you’ll be able to save lots by booking a hotel chain. While they follow a certain standard and don’t often provide a lot of character, they still make for a good choice, especially if basic accommodation is what you’re really after. More often than not, these hotel chains are willing to give huge discounts just to fill up their rooms. They also often have partnerships with various clubs, so give it a try; you might qualify for a number of their promos and, as a result, save big bucks on your booking.
- Take advantage of online bookings. When looking for cheap Brisbane City accommodation, the Internet is your best friend. You’ll never believe the extreme discounts you’ll get just by checking out 4 different types of websites:
- Definitely start with the hotel’s own website; if you don’t find a good deal there, at least you’ll be aware of their published rates so you can scour for a better price.
- Compare the prices with those offered by online booking agencies such as Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Booking.com, and TripAdvisor.com, among many others. Most of them require advance reservations though, and are very strict when it comes to cancellations, so only go here if you are already very certain about your travel dates.
- Check out reputable hotel bidding websites such as Hotwire.com and Priceline.com, both of which partners only with trusted hotel chains so you can be assured of quality even if you get a huge discount.
- Use ‘book now, pay later’ offers to your advantage. Here’s one insider strategy you should try when you really need to book in peak seasons, especially if you’re really serious about saving as much as you can. Try making free reservations in hotels that will only charge you upon check-in or 24 hours prior. Since hotels try to lure customers away from their competitors, rates tend to change at the drop of a hat especially in the peak seasons. To use this to your advantage, book immediately when you see the lowest rate, then check back again for lower offers. On the last 24 hours before your visit, cancel all other reservations and choose only the cheapest one. This may take a bit of time and effort, but it does pay off in the end. I personally do this often on booking.com, which I find to be the best booking website.
- Consider staying outside the city. Another useful thing to remember when booking Brisbane City accommodation is that you don’t necessarily have to stay in the city. Brisbane’s transport network is as efficient as can be, so getting around should be the least of your worries. So why stay in the CBD where all the tourists crowd together, thus driving hotel rates upward? To get the best of both worlds, check out accommodation just outside the city. They’re not that far, but the price difference is huge!
In fact, that’s what we offer here at Bridgewater Terraces. We are just 1km from the city, but our rates are so much lower than city centre hotels. With rates starting at just $145 per night, you’ll be hard-pressed to find a better deal if you limit your options to hotels in the CBD. Want to know more? Simply click here to view our accommodation.
With a little bit of everything all in one place, Brisbane is the ideal holiday destination. From outdoor to indoor, city to suburb, Brisbane is teeming with tourist activities and attractions to keep you entertained. And it does not have to be an expensive holiday, especially if you have a couple of tricks up your sleeve to help you find cheap Brisbane City accommodation.
Hopefully, all my insider tips will help you make wise decisions such as the best time to visit Brisbane and the best location to scour for cheap Brisbane City accommodation, such as a convenient and spacious 1 bedroom apartment going for only $180 per night – exactly the kind that we offer here at Bridgewater Terraces.
Interested? Give us a call today and I’ll tell you more about our budget-friendly holiday apartments. Call +61 7 3435 5216 to speak with our receptionist.
- How to Find Cheap Accommodation in Brisbane for a Cheap Brisbane Holiday
- Cheap Hotels in Brisbane Harder to Come by
- Stretch Your Holiday Dollar by Booking the Right Brisbane Hotels
- Find cheap Brisbane accommodation at Bridgewater Terraces