You’re coming to Brisbane? Awesome, but what are you going to do once you are here? It’s worth doing a little bit of homework to plan out an itinerary, or at least have an idea of what you want to do when you arrive to ensure your precious holiday time is not wasted trying to work out where to go and what to do. With a perfectly tailored plan, your holiday in Brisbane will be super fun and certainly unforgettable.
Brisbane has so much to offer in terms of theatre, history, culture, scenery and attractions that sometimes you need a little help from a local to point you in the right direction. In this article you will get just that. Below I’ll list the top 10 things to do in Brisbane on your holiday.
- If you always wanted to have a close encounter with bottlenose dolphins, you can do just that in Brisbane. Visit Moreton Island National Park or Tanglooma Island Resort and you’ll be able to hand-feed these wonderful creatures. I can assure you it will be an unforgettable experience!
- Visit Wandering Cooks. It’s a community for food entrepreneurs, so be prepared to taste the best food you’ve possibly even experienced. There are many events as well, such as Friday Nite Snackdown and Thank Truck it’s Thursday. This is one of the best places for you to enjoy delicious food and refreshing drinks which is why I’ve made it my second best thing to do in Brisbane.
- If you are in the mood for some beach fun, South Bank’s Streets Beach will blow your mind. It is actually a man-made swimming beach, where you can enjoy sand, sun and fun in the presence of professional and experienced lifeguards. All around, you will see exotic plants, tropical trees, rocky creeks and palms. If this sounds good to you, make sure you read my earlier post “Top 5 things to do at Brisbane Southbank”
- Brisbane has the most amazing street food scene, and you will see that yourself. Eat Street Markets located at Portside Wharf is a place you simply must visit. Experience the mini restaurants where you can try many international dishes and enjoy live music.
- Food and art are one of the most amazing combinations, and while looking for things to do in Brisbane, make sure to visit Southside Tea Room. During the day, it is a lovely café where you can enjoy a tasty meal and well-brewed coffee, and when the night falls, it is a bar, perfect for some night out fun. It is a place where many art exhibitions are held on a regular bases, and it is never boring.
- Have you ever tried cold pressed coffee served in a beer bottle? Probably not. During your Brisbane holiday, you will fall in love with the Blackstar Coffee, but make sure to taste all three variants, including Total Black, Soy Deluxe and Full Creamy! Yuuummmo!
- Want to check how talented you are? Make sure to visit Cork and Chroma, A Paint and Sip Studio, where you can create a masterpiece with the assistance of the instructor. It will be such a fun experience!
- Brisbane is well-known as a distinguished cultural destination, so you can visit the Queensland Museum, State Library of Queensland, and Gallery of Modern Art. But art is present on the city streets thanks to the impressive pillar murals.
- The boutique bar scene is pretty amazing as well. There are many great places you should check out, including Alfred and Constance, Mana Bar, Habitat, Lefty’s and many others.
- The public service you will certainly love is Brisbane Greeters. Friendly locals who love their city spend their free time as volunteers to welcome visitors and share some incredible stories.
Now you know the top 10 things to enjoy your holiday in Brisbane, and if you haven’t already booked your accommodation, take a look at the awesome value for money we offer here at Bridgewater Terraces. With reasonable prices from $155 per night, a 7 minute ferry ride from Eagle St. and excellent service, our apartments are certainly the perfect accommodation choice for the perfect Brisbane holiday.
There’s a bunch of incredible things to do in Brisbane, and you will have so much fun exploring the areas, checking out landmarks, restaurants, cafes, the art scene, and everything else our great city has to offer. To make sure you see the best of Brisbane, make a plan, and your adventure may begin!
For the best accommodation at affordable prices, contact Bridgewater Terraces. We will make your Brisbane holiday comfortable and enjoyable!