Among Brisbane’s top tourist attractions is Southbank and it’s very easy to understand why. This all-ages playground has something for both young and old. You can spend a whole day here and not run out of free activities that you can do. The top 5 are listed below:
- Explore GOMA Museum. This is one of Australia’s leading contemporary art museum where you can take advantage of numerous free exhibitions. If you’re travelling with kids, you’ll be happy to know that GOMA has two level art centre exclusively for children. It also features permanent art collections that are truly world-class.
- Streets Beach. During summertime, this beach is flocked by both locals and tourists who either want to soak up the sun or just want to have fun with their friends and families.
- SLiQ Flicks. For movie buffs, head to State Library during Sundays when free film showing are held at the auditorium.
- Queensland Museum. Visit this museum together with your kids and you’ll surely have a great time. Here’s you’ll see Queensland’s own dinosaur, the plane that Bert Hinkler flew across the world, and hundreds of islander arts and crafts.
- Southbank Lifestyle Market. If shopping is included in your itinerary, do not miss this lifestyle market from Friday to Sunday afternoon. Here you’ll find dozens of merchants selling everything you can think of. From fashion to home wares, to jewellery, to gourmet goodies.
Looking for accommodation near the famous Southbank? Then, your best choice is Bridgewater Terraces Apartments. We offer world-class accommodation complete with full kitchen and other facilities that will make your stay more comfortable. Call us today and let one of our friendly staff assist you or go to http://www.bridgewaterterraces.com.au to view our website and accommodation.