Are you planning a trip to Queensland? Choosing Queensland as your next destination is a great decision. As an accommodation provider whose job requires staying up-to-date with the tourism industry in my region, I can personally attest that visitors from all walks of life, families, couples and groups of friends, will find a lot to enjoy here.
But if you haven’t made up your mind on which Queensland destinations to visit whilst on holiday, then I recommend that you put Brisbane at top of your list. I say this not because I manage Brisbane accommodation. In fact, the reason why I strongly recommend you to visit Brisbane is the same reason why I chose to settle here and the same reason why this city attracts more visitors yearly than any other Queensland destination.
In this article, I will give you a glimpse of what exactly lures, not just me, but thousands upon thousands of tourists to Brisbane every year.
Brisbane Fares Well in International Visitor Comparison
First, let’s look at what the numbers say:
According to a report by Tourism and Events Queensland, the number of visitors that Brisbane welcomes yearly has increased.
- Domestic visitors increased by 4.7%, interstate visitors by 4.5%, and intrastate visitors by 4.8% as of June 2015 in comparison to numbers recorded at the end of June 2014.
- International visitors increased by a promising 9.8%, peaking at 10.9% for holiday seasons, accompanied by a 14.2% increase in overnight Brisbane accommodation.
- International visitors to Brisbane accounts for 51.3% of international visitors to the region.
- The total number of visitors increased by 5.5% compared to last year.
But is this growth rate unique to Brisbane? Although other Queensland regions are also enjoying an increase in visitor numbers, Queensland’s capital is still ahead of the game.
- Based on international regional comparison, Brisbane is first on the list with the highest total of 1,066,000 visitors staying 23,061,000 visitor nights. Up to 51% of these visitors were here on holiday; this means that an estimated 540,000 tourists booked Brisbane accommodation in the span of a year!
Now let’s compare these figures with the rest of the cities in the region:
- Gold Coast, receiving the second highest number of visitors, trails behind with a total of just 861,000 visitors spending 8,681,000 nights.
- Tropical North Queensland comes third with 759,000 visitors staying 6,801,000 nights.
- There is a huge difference between TNQ and Sunshine Coast, which follows with only 257,000 visitors staying 2,519,000 nights.
- Whitsundays was visited by 210,000 people who stayed for a total of 1,516,000 nights.
- Visitors to Australia’s famous Southern Great Barrier Reef, which increased by 10.8%, numbered to just 137,000 people, but they seem to have stayed longer than in Whitsundays with a total overnight accommodation of 2,434,000.
- Day trips to seventh-placer Fraser Coast seem to be on the rise, as their 135,000 visitors only stayed a total of 641,000 nights.
- Townsville attracted up to 123,000 visitors, with total overnight stays of 1,446,000.
- Southern Queensland Country welcomed 51,000 visitors in a year, with just a 5.6% increase from last year, but the visitors seem to have extended their stays resulting in 1,744,000 visitor nights.
- Mackay and the Australian Outback trails behind with 45,000 and 22,000 visitors respectively. Visitors in Mackay stayed 739,000 nights, while those in the Outback only 383,000 nights.
As you can see, this year has seen a giant leap for Brisbane tourism indeed, making it by far the most popular destination in Queensland!
And it seems like tourists are finding more and more activities to engage in during their stay, as they are also staying more nights.
Well, these results alone should convince you to visit Brisbane and book your Brisbane accommodation straight away. After all, with all the tourists coming in from all parts of the world, time is of the essence if you want to secure the best accommodation for your visit.
Choosing Brisbane Accommodation with Great Value for Your Money
If you want to experience firsthand what this city has to offer, it’s best to explore your various Brisbane accommodation options and choose the one that gives the best value for money.
Here in Brisbane, value for money translates to:
- A comfortable place with enough room for your entire entourage
- Features and amenities
- An ideal location (preferably close to the CBD and the famous Kangaroo Point Cliffs for your convenience and pleasure)
- A great view of the Brisbane River, of course!
- Affordable price
If you want exactly that sort of thing, your options are certainly not limited to hotels. I suggest you contact our friendly staff here at Bridgewater Terraces and find out more about our Brisbane accommodation offerings.
We can help you enjoy Brisbane more by saving you money on your accommodation, so you can stay longer, see more, and do more!
To make the most out of your Queensland holiday, make sure to allocate enough time to explore Brisbane. And since you’re in for an extended stay, it is important to choose your Brisbane accommodation carefully.
If you want affordable accommodation in Brisbane that offers a great location, great features, amenities and a comfortable place to stay, then check out our 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, or 3 bedroom apartments here at Bridgewater Terraces and book with us today for as low as $155 per night.