Whether you go on an extended holiday or on a working trip to Brisbane, there are some interesting things to do and see in this amazing city. Of course, when you’re in a new city for an extended period of time, it’s a good idea to make the most of the time you have.
A short term stay in Brisbane means that you’ll be spending at least a few months here, whether on business or for an extended holiday. Regardless of the purpose, you’ll want to experience as much of the city as possible during your stay here.
In this article, I will offer you a bucket list of sorts, containing some of the best Brisbane experiences in order to make the most of your time in this beautiful city of ours.
However, before you look at all the exciting experiences that lie ahead of you, you need to give some serious through to where you will call home for the next 2-3 months. As an expert in this domain, I know where you can find affordable short term accommodation in Brisbane and can also advise you regarding some of the best things to do and see whilst to ensure your stay is not only comfortable, but enjoyable as well.
Short term accommodation in Brisbane
Regardless of the purpose of your stay, you need to find short term accommodation in Brisbane and Bridgewater Terraces is just the place. Here you can find affordable short term accommodation in either a 1, 2 or 3 bedroom apartment.
Our apartments offer you spacious living spaces, complete with balconies and all the facilities that you need for a comfortable stay in your new home. This is only one of the reasons that Bridgewater Terraces is the perfect choice for short term accommodation in Brisbane. Our central location at Kangaroo Point makes accessing the CBD convenient and easy; catch a cab or jump on the City Ferry and arrive at Eagle Street Pier in a matter of minutes. For your convenience, we also offer you free parking, so you can bring your car and get out and about on the weekend to explore the region. If you wish to book an apartment for a minimum 28 nights, here are our rates:
- 1 bedroom – $115
- 2 bedroom – $145
- 3 bedroom – $200
Must Do Brisbane Experiences
Given that you will be in Brisbane for some time, it’s important that you make the most of your time off so you can truly experience all the region has to offer. Listed below are some of the most important activities to experience during your short term visit to Brisbane.
- Ride the wheel of Brisbane – the Wheel of Brisbane offers you a unique experience, in which you’ll admire a 360-degree panoramic view of the city in a safe and comfortable gondola, which is fully enclosed and provided with air-conditioned. You will be lifted at approximately 60m above the ground.
- Explore the ship wrecks at Moreton Island – there are several ship wrecks scattered near the Moreton Island. In addition to the ship wrecks, you’ll also want to visit the famous Lighthouse on the Island.
- Climb the Story Bridge (which is located in close proximity of Bridgewater Terraces) – it is the largest steel bridge designed and built by Australians in this country. It comprises approximately 105,000 square meters of steel surfaces. Climbing it offers you spectacular views of the Brisbane River and of Brisbane CBD.
- Shopping at Queen Street Mall (located at 7 minute Ferry Ride from Bridgewater Terraces) – it is a pedestrian mall situated right in the centre of the city. It extends for about 500 metres and provides space for more than 700 retailers.
- Cuddle a Koala at Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary – situated on 18 hectares, this is the oldest and largest koala sanctuary in the world.
- Ride a Camel at North Stradbroke Island – enjoy a unique experience riding a camel on the beaches of North Stradbroke Island, which is situated one hour from Brisbane.
- Feed the Dolphins at Tangalooma Island Resort – enjoy a wonderful experience that enables you to feed the dolphins, with strict rules in place to ensure the safety of these cute mammals.
If you’re heading to Brisbane for an extended period of time for work or an holiday, then there are two important things to consider; booking short-term accommodation in Brisbane and how to best utilise your time once you’re here.
In order to get affordable apartments for a comfortable and enjoyable stay, consider Bridgewater Terraces. Being conveniently located at Kangaroo Point in close to Brisbane CBD, our apartments ideally located for your holiday or business needs.