We all know that Brisbane is known for its stunning beauty, great culture and tourist attractions. But did you know that it is becoming known as one of the county’s top foodie destinations as well!
In fact, there are so many great restaurants, bars and cafes on offer that Brisbane is considered to be a haven for foodies. From fine dining options to quaint restaurants, bars and cafes, Brisbane has it all – and not only that, they rival Australia’s best.
As a Brisbane local and a big foodie, today, I will offer you a handy guide to the best food options that our city has to offer. So, continue reading on to discover Brisbane’s best food options for 2017 – coming to you straight from a foodie!
- To taste some of the best Indian street food in Brisbane, drop by Gol Gappa located in Upper Mount Gravatt. You’ll be treated to authentic Indian flavours at this wonderful eatery. Indian food tends to be a little spicy for everyone’s taste, so treat yourself to a dessert when you’re done eating.
- If you’re one who enjoys fine dining, head over to Eagle Street Pier – Brisbane’s iconic riverside dining precinct. While you taste delectable food, you will also enjoy spectacular views of the Brisbane River, Kangaroo Point and the Story Bridge. Do keep note that Eagle Street Pier is always crowded with locals and holidaymakers alike. So, make sure to reserve a booking before heading there.
- Drop by Harajuku Gyoza in Fortitude Valley for authentic Japanese cuisine in Brisbane. This restaurant presents a theatrical atmosphere which is typical of Japan and serves amazing Asian food. I love their pork gyoza, Nutella gyoza and chicken karaage and sake. Do try these dishes out while you’re there.
- Love KFC? Then you must try out Brisbane’s very own ‘Kentucky Fried Duck’ at Public in Brisbane City. This restaurant’s head chef never had to order KFC as his mother would make amazing fried duck at home. Today, the chef has brought his mom’s recipe to people in Brisbane and I must say, it is absolutely mouth-watering. A must-try for all fast food lovers.
- If you’re in the mood for some authentic Italian cuisine in Brisbane, drop by Tocco Italiano in Chelmer. They have an extensive menu which includes everything from pizzas to pastas. With a star chef, great atmospheric lighting and an amazing selection of food, you’re sure in for a great time here!
- To try out one of the best brunches in Brisbane, pay a visit to Dandelion & Driftwood (D&D) in Hendra. They may not boast of a huge menu, but their breakfast specials and brews are just majestic. And, the restaurant offers a relaxing and charming atmosphere, thanks to quaint furnishings. My personal favourites are their Reuben toasted sandwich, brekkie tart and coffee. I’m sure you’ll love them too!
- For a fun time with live music, great food and amazing drinks, head over to Lefty’s Old Time Music Hall. Located in Petrie Terrace, this venue is a hit with locals and holidaymakers who’ve heard of it. Do try out their Whiskey Apple. This speciality drink is created by fresh pressing green apples in a juicer and it is my personal favourite!
- And, for your fill of desserts, try the ‘Dessert Degustation’ at Bacchus South Bank. They have an extensive selection of desserts for you to choose from. Keep ordering to your heart’s content and you’ll taste some of the finest desserts you’ve ever had!
Brisbane has plenty of food options for everyone. Some of the best eateries for foodies to check out include Gol Gappa, Eagle Street Pier, Harajuku Gyoza, Kentucky Fried Duck, Tocco Italiano, Dandelion & Driftwood, Lefty’s Old Time Music Hall and Dessert Degustation. You’re sure to have a great time exploring these wonderful food options.
After a full day of eating your way around Brisbane, you can relax in the comforts of your Brisbane apartment. If you haven’t yet booked an apartment then please consider our cheap apartments here at Bridgewater Terraces. We’re located 1km from the CBD at Kangaroo Point – which places you in the ideal location to get to each and every one of these Brisbane foodie destinations.
So, take a look at our holiday apartments and get in touch with us to book your accommodation today!