If you’re planning a Brisbane holiday, you’re sure in for a wonderful time. Our city boasts of stunning natural beauty, a thriving cosmopolitan culture and presents plenty of activities for you to enjoy. In fact, there are so many things to do in Brisbane that most visitors find it hard to decide which to partake in.
As a Brisbane local and the manager of Bridgewater Terraces, I’m often asked by our guests what are the must-do’s in our city. I’ve faced this question so often that I thought of compiling a Brisbane bucket list.
So, continue reading this post as I list the top 10 “must-do” activities in Brisbane. These activities will allow you to make the most of your Brisbane holiday experience, so read through to the end!
- Go and climb the iconic Story Bridge at dawn or dusk. Brisbane’s Story Bridge Climb is one of only three bridge climbs all over the world. While the climb may be gruelling for some, you’ll be treated to 360-degree panoramic views of our city from the top. And, you can enjoy wholesome food on your way down from the climb in one of our city’s best restaurants.
- Abseil down the Kangaroo Point Cliffs and make your way to the bottom. Abseiling is a fun activity which becomes even better thanks to the stunning beauty around Kangaroo Point. You’ll witness picturesque views of the city and the Brisbane River while you make your way down.
- Explore South Bank on foot. South Bank is Brisbane’s cultural precinct which has plenty of gardens, walkways and museums. There’s also a manmade beach lagoon and a giant Ferris wheel in South Bank. A number of free events are also hosted regularly at this destination.
- Take the time to explore Fortitude Valley – Brisbane’s nightlife and entertainment precinct. From nightclubs, bars, pubs, cafes and restaurants, you’ll also find specialty stores at this destination. Make sure to visit Chinatown for an authentic Asian experience right here in Brisbane!
- Head over to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary – the biggest koala sanctuary in the world. You can cuddle with the cute animals there and also relax and have a good time.
- Drive to Mt. Coot-Tha lookout and view Brisbane City from a far. You’ll be treated to amazing panoramic views and, the drive is also absolutely sublime.
- Dine at one of the many fine restaurants in Brisbane. Our city offers plenty of food and dining options ranging from street eats to fine dining. In particular, I’d like to recommend Eagle Street Pier, Esquire and Gerard’s Bistro. I absolutely love these restaurants and eateries and you’re sure to love them too!
- Soak up some art at the GOMA and Queensland Art Gallery. This gallery showcases contemporary art made by established and upcoming artists from all over.
- Go kayaking or paddle boarding on the Brisbane River. You’re sure to have a great time enjoying these activities while being treated to spectacular views of Kangaroo Point Cliffs and Brisbane CBD.
- Go shopping at Queen Street Mall in Brisbane CBD. From designer boutiques to quaint stores, you’ll find a range of fashion, jewellery and accessories while you’re there.
When it comes to the top 10 things to do in Brisbane, you have a variety of activities to take part in. These include the Story Bridge Climb, abseiling down Kangaroo Point Cliffs, exploring South Bank, exploring Fortitude Valley, visiting Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, driving to Mt. Coot-Tha, dining in fine restaurants, visiting GOMA and Queensland Art Gallery, kayaking and paddle boarding and shopping.
And, where do you go to relax after ticking off each of these must-dos? How about back to one of our apartments in Kangaroo Point? Located on the banks of the Brisbane River, our apartments are an ideal base for exploring the sites and attractions of Brisbane. Best of all, we’re just 1km from the CBD, yet we’re further enough away to offer you your own private sanctuary.
Check out our self-contained holiday apartments and book your accommodation with us today!