Brisbane is all lined up for a fantastic 2018, thanks to some fabulous events happening throughout the year. From athletic events to carnivals, music and food festivals and a plethora of cultural events, Brisbane is offering it all this year.
The wonderful Brisbane events in 2018 will certainly draw in thousands of tourists from Australia and all over. Thanks to this, accommodation providers in Brisbane including myself are looking forward to a great year.
So, without any further ado, here are the top Brisbane events in 2018 that you should plan on attending.
- If you’re a sports lover, then you have some exciting events to look forward to in Brisbane this January. The Brisbane International Tennis Tournament and the Gillette Cricket Tournament are two major sporting events taking place in Brisbane this month. You can count on having a great time cheering for your favourites at these events.
- February in Brisbane is set to be awesome, thanks to several outdoor events. The Brisbane Global Rugby Tens tournament will draw in rugby lovers from all over the country and beyond. There’s also the Australian Performing Arts Market (APAM) where you can have a relaxing and leisurely time.
- Brisbane will be celebrating the spirit of science in March with the annual World Science Festival. This festival celebrates the biggest scientific advancements and discoveries and is a must-attend event for people of all ages. Apart from this, you can also revel in some live music at the CMC Rocks festival – the biggest roots and country music festival in the Southern Hemisphere.
- After a couple of relatively quiet months, Brisbane will spring back to life in June with some amazing events. The Qantas Wallabies will be taking on Ireland in a feisty rugby match, and the ISF World Seed Congress are both happening in Brisbane this June. And, if you’re a foodie, then something is amazing in store for you – the Scenic Rim Eat Local Week where you’ll get to experience the best of Australian cuisine.
- July brings with it some wonderful cultural festivals to Brisbane which you must not miss out. The Qu Andamooka Festival celebrates the culture of the aborigines where you’ll get to witness exotic Australian culture. Abbey Medieval Festival is another family-friendly festival to take place in Brisbane this July. Both of these festivals offer something unique and will leave you with great memories of Brisbane.
- Celebrate Queensland’s largest annual exhibition, the EKKA in Brisbane this August. This exhibition is an annual agricultural show where you’ll find fresh produce from the best farms in Australia. Apart from the agricultural exhibition, you’ll also witness stunning fireworks, a sideshow alley and a show bag pavilion at this event.
- Witness the Asia Pacific Screen Awards in Brisbane this November. The Asia Pacific Screen Awards is an annual event which celebrates the excellence of cinema originating in the Asia Pacific region. With international films from over 70 different countries being showcased, you’re sure in for a great time at this event.
- Brisbane will close 2018 with two of Queensland’s biggest events – the Woodford Folk Festival and the Queensland Ballet, the Nutcracker. The Woodford Folk Festival is one of the biggest music and cultural festivals to take place in Queensland annually. And, you’re also in for a great time witnessing some fine ballet dance performances at the Queensland Ballet – The Nutcracker.
There are several fantastic Brisbane events in 2018 happening throughout the year. Some of the major events to take place in Brisbane this year include the Gillette Cricket Tournament, Brisbane International, Brisbane Global Rugby Tens, Australian Performing Arts Market, World Science Festival, CMC Rocks, Scenic Rim Eat Local Week, ISF World Seed Congress, Qantas Wallabies vs Ireland, Qu Andamooka Festival, Abbey Medieval Festival, EKKA, Asia Pacific Screen Awards, Queensland Ballet – The Nutcracker and Woodford Folk Festival.
Any of these events makes a great excuse to plan a Brisbane holiday in 2018. And, for your holiday accommodation, you can always count on us at Bridgewater Terraces. We offer a range of 1, 2 and 3-bedroom apartments in the heart of Brisbane which will put you close to all these events.
Take a look at our holiday accommodation and book an apartment for your holiday with us today!